Welcome to The BLRS Website
The British Land Reclamation Society (BLRS) is an interdisciplinary organisation – and Registered Charity – concerned with the reclamation, regeneration and restoration of land. This includes contaminated, derelict and abandoned land from mineral working and former urban and industrial uses.
As an organisation we cover education, best practice and research over the many subject areas involved in the science and practicalities of land reclamation in England, Scotland and Wales. This could be from ground work engineering and geotechnics, to economic regeneration and sustainable urban reclamation. It covers a wide range of expertise and we encourage continuing development across disciplines.
In particular as an organisation we:
- Educate and campaign on matters with regard to land reclamation
- Organise interdisciplinary conferences
- Provide a forum for the discussion and dissemination of relevant material
- Organise annual one day conferences
- Organise one day events based around a site visit for CPD and best practice
- Provide assistance to publish relevant material
- Provide assistance to members attending relevant conferences
- Maintain links with the International Affiliation of Land Reclamationists (IALR)
Access more information on the BLRS, activities, or membership with the menu.